This is part of an ongoing documentation of Singapore's printing heritage on letterpress printing, mainly on movable types and printing blocks. A fundraising project.
3rd of the series, Project Code - JS79 of JetPrint Services, started in 1979 with movable types mainly working with Chinese and English types, the print shop currently runs offset printing.
The project will be proofing of the 9 galley trays of job formes and 2 trays of Chinese types in the plastic name cardholder. In total estimated around 100 over job formes and 3 thousand Chinese types in various sizes. This is a documentation specimen booklet.
Specs for the specimen book
- Estimate pages around 25-30 (1 side printing)
- The dimension will be slightly smaller than A4 horizontal bind with a metal paper fastener (this is to fit with the printing area on the Showcard press)
- Include some images of the actual job formes
- Proofing will be on Showcard 7 x 11 proofing press
Limited copies will be printed depending on the interest count.
Printing will take about a few weeks and there will be slots open for volunteers to be part of this proofing exercise, details will be on our social platform soon.
Delivery will be in mid-June.
Shipping kindly select specimen book
Any matters regarding the proofing project to email: email@example.com
Past documentation project
- SGPrintHeritage DY87
- Letterpress woodcut specimen Book - Yu Yi Stamp Maker